Master of Arts
The Ministry Studies program is for those who are passionate about the church, mission, and parachurch ministry and who have a desire to disciple future disciple-makers. If you have a desire to focus on communicating God’s Word with the goal of equipping and mobilizing believers for Christ-centered lives and Kingdom-focused impact, the MA in Ministry Studies is the degree for you.
What You'll Learn
- Apply biblical principles of ministry leadership
- Develop twenty-first-century strategies for missional renewal within various ministry contexts
- Communicate biblical truth with the goal of life transformation
24 months, by taking one course at a time. Read the program details for course requirements.
Why Earn a Ministry Studies Degree at CIU?
- Highly engaged, hands-on classes with students from all over the world
- Caring, scholarly, and experienced faculty who are practitioners of the subjects they teach and who can provide both expert academic support and individualized spiritual guidance
- Intentional integration of Bible knowledge, spiritual formation, and ministry skill development
- Mentored field experience built into the curriculum
- LOGOS Bible software is offered at no additional cost while attending CBS
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
Ministry Studies students come from all professions and walks of life, seeking to become more effective in ministering to others. The degree grounds you in biblical, ministry and leadership principles you can apply in church, parachurch, or lay ministry settings. You can tailor your program to your specific needs and interests.
- Local Church Ministry: Serving as an assistant/associate pastor, a member of a local church staff, or an outreach/discipleship coordinator
- Para-Church Ministry: Ministering as a campus ministry professional or as a member of a para-church ministry team
- Marketplace Ministry: Discipling others in business and professional contexts