Complete Your Online Master of Arts in TESOL in as little as 12 months
The M.A. in TESOL prepares professional teachers of English to speakers of other languages with the knowledge and skills necessary to teach both children and adults effectively in a wide variety of cross-cultural settings. You'll be prepared for leadership roles in TESOL and for living and teaching in another country or culture.
What You'll Learn
- The major concepts of linguistics and English syntax.
- Knowledge of linguistics and Second Language Acquisition (SLA) theory to practical classroom instruction.
- How to develop appropriate curriculum for all ages and levels of English language learners.
- How teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing at all levels of proficiency.
- Understand the dynamic cultural forces which affect teaching and ministry.
This degree can be completed in as little as 12 months.
Why Study TESOL with CIU?
- Our professors are seasoned veterans in TESOL and are experts in the field.
- The program has a proven track record of placing qualified English teachers around the world.
- The program is flexible and works around your life and work.
- The program equips you in intercultural ministry skills.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
Our internationally recognized Master of Arts in TESOL program will prepare you for teaching and leadership careers in the growing field of teaching English to speakers of other languages, both in the United States and around the world.