Earn Your Master's Degree in Theological Studies
The Master’s in Theological Studies is designed to help you gain a better understanding of your part in God’s mission, whether you’re seeking advanced theological knowledge or to enhance your career. The program is rigorous and interdisciplinary, emphasizing biblical studies, church history, intercultural studies, and theology. In it, you’ll build a solid theological foundation that will help inform the career and life decisions you make after graduation, bringing you closer to your goals — and to Him.
What You’ll Learn
- How to engage in high-level, publishable critical research, analysis, and writing about theology and its related disciplines
- Methods of biblical interpretation and how to apply it in different contexts
- Techniques and tools for explaining and evaluating Bible doctrine
Depending on your academic background, 1.5 to 2 years
Why Study Theology at Columbia Biblical Seminary?
- Highly engaged, hands-on classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- Logos Bible software is offered at no additional cost while a student
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
A theological studies degree can enrich any career and open doors to many new opportunities, especially those involving church and missionary work.
- Academic Careers: Teaching at colleges, seminaries, and universities, or Ph.D. and research work
- Church & Ministry Work: Serving as a pastor or associate pastor, member of a church staff, or as a campus or parachurch ministry professional
- Missionary: Work cross-culturally both in the United States and abroad to help communities and draw people closer to God