Master of Divinity
The M.Div. (TESOL) provides you with a comprehensive range of biblical-theological knowledge and practical skills for ministry leadership along with specialized knowledge and skills to teach both children and adults effectively in a wide variety of cross-cultural settings. It prepares you for teaching and leadership roles in TESOL.
The program will equip you to:
- Teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing at novice, intermediate, and advanced levels of proficiency
- Develop and evaluate language teaching materials
- Use English teaching as a ministry
View academic requirements for the M.Div. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) in the Academic Catalog.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
Potential ministry opportunities for program graduates include:
- Teaching in or administering an English language program in the US
- Teaching in or administering an English language program overseas
Professor of Intercultural Studies
Dr. Cashin is professor of intercultural studies in the College of Intercultural Studies at CIU. Previously, he lived in Sweden, where he served as pastor of two churches.
Dean, College of Intercultural Studies, Professor of Intercultural Studies and History of Global Christianity
Ed Smither joined the Columbia International University faculty in 2012. Previously, he taught church history and intercultural studies at Liberty University (2006-2012) and spent fourteen years in
Professor of TESOL/Linguistics
Joe LeTexier joined the CIU faculty in 1996. Prior to that, he was involved in cross-cultural ministry working primarily in Zaragoza, Spain. Dr. LeTexier is fluent in Spanish and has conducted
Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies, Elmer V. Thompson Chair of Church Planting
Victor H. Cuartas joined the CIU faculty in 2016 and is the Elmer V. Thompson Chair of Church Planting at CIU. Previously, he taught global missions and church ministry at Regent University (2006-2016