Don N. Howell, Jr.
- ThD, Dallas Theological Seminary
- ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary
- BIE, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Promised, Provided and Proclaimed: The Unveiling of the Biblical Portrait of Redemption. Amazon/Kindle, 2015.
- The Passion of the Servant: A Journey to the Cross. Resource Publications, 2009.
- Servants of the Servant. A Biblical Theology of Leadership. Wipf & Stock, 2003.
- “Paul’s Theology of Suffering” in Paul’s Missionary Methods: In His Time and Ours eds. Robert L. Plummer and John Mark Terry, 95-106. IVP Academic, 2012.
- “Romans 15:9b-12: Gentiles as the Culminative Focus of Salvation History,” in Interpreting the New Testament Text: Introduction to the Art and Science of Exegesis, eds. Darrell L. Bock and Buist M. Fanning, 367-375. Crossway, 2006.
- “Mission in Paul’s Epistles: Genesis, Pattern, and Dynamics,” in Mission in the New Testament. An Evangelical Approach, eds. William J. Larkin and Joel F. Williams, 63-91. Orbis, 1998.
- “Mission in Paul’s Epistles: Theological Bearings,” in Mission in the New Testament. An Evangelical Approach, eds. William J. Larkin and Joel F. Williams, 92-116. Orbis, 1998.
- “Confidence in the Spirit as the Governing Ethos of the Pauline Mission,” in The Holy Spirit and Mission Dynamics, ed. C. Douglas McConnell, 36-65. William Carey, 1997.
- “Stewardship: Faithfulness with All He Gives Me,” Decision (April 1997): 13-14.
- “Confidence in the Spirit as the Governing Ethos of the Pauline Mission,” Trinity Journal 17 NS: 2 (Fall 1996): 203-21.
- “The Apostle Paul and First Century Religious Pluralism,” in Christianity and the Religions: A Biblical Theology of World Religions, eds. E. Rommen and H. Netland, 92-112. William Carey, 1995.
- “The Center of Pauline Theology,” Bibliotheca Sacra 151 (January-March 1994): 51-71.
- “God-Christ Interchange in Paul: Impressive Testimony to the Deity of Jesus,” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 36:4 (December 1993): 467-79.
- “Pauline Thought in the History of Interpretation,” Bibliotheca Sacra 150 (July-September 1993): 303-26.
- “Pauline Eschatological Dualism and Its Resulting Tensions,” Trinity Journal 14 NS (Spring 1993): 3-24.
- “How Wide is God’s Mercy? A Biblical Perspective on Religious Pluralism,” Hayama Missionary Seminar Journal (Tokyo) 34 (January 1993): 1-26.
Dr. Howell joined the faculty of CIU’s Seminary & School of Ministry in 1995 and served as assistant dean until 1998; he has taught New Testament and Greek from 1998 until the present. Before coming to Columbia, he served with OMF International in Japan from 1979 until 1994 as a church planter and theological educator. He has taught in Latin America, Eastern Europe, China, and Micronesia and has been Research Fellow at Tyndale House (Cambridge, UK) three times. His books include Servants of the Servant and The Passion of the Servant. He is an ordained Baptist minister.