Dr. Klausli joined the faculty of CIU’s Seminary and School of Ministry in 2013 and teaches New Testament and Greek as well as Biblical Contextualization. Before coming to Columbia, he served from 2006-2007 as an adjunct professor at Southwestern Theological Seminary and then from 2007-2013 with Liebenzell USA as lecturer for New Testament and dean at CIU’s European School of Culture and Theology in Korntal, Germany. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society as well as the Society for Biblical Literature. He has served as a pastor in Germany and taught in South Africa.
Lecturer-Internship, 1996 Union Bible Institute, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa; Pastoral Assistant, 1997–1998, Church of God, Luedenscheid, Germany; Interim Pastor, Church of God, Marl, Germany 1998–1999; Lecturer, 2000, Center for Biblical Studies, Dallas, Texas; Adjunct Professor, 2006–2007, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Forth Worth, Texas; missionary with Liebenzell USA serving as lecturer for New Testament and since fall of 2009 as acting dean at the CIU branch campus: European School of Culture & Theology 2007–2013.
- PhD, Dallas Theological Seminary
- STM, Dallas Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Columbia International University
- BA, Seattle Pacific University
- "Theological-based perceptions of God as a Possible Assessment of Spirituality.” Presented together with Julia F. Klausli at the Annual Conference of the Christian Association of Psychological Studies, Atlanta, GA, March 13, 2020.
- “Christians and the Judgment of God: Exploring the Warning in 1 Peter 3:12b.” Presented at the 71st Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, San Diego, CA, November 2019.
- Review of Mark through Old Testament Eyes: A Background & Applicational Commentary, by Andrew T. Le Peau, Through Old Testament Eyes New Testament Commentaries, ed. Andrew T. Le Peau (Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2017), Journal for the Evangelical Theological Society, 61:2 (June 2018): 379-81.
- “Sharing in the Sufferings of the Christ: A General Genitive in 1 Peter 4:13?” Presented at the 69th Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Providence, RI, November 16, 2017.
- “Marital Discord and Unanswered Prayer: Examining the Judgment Motif in 1 Peter 3:7,” presented at the 67th Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Atlanta, GA, November 18, 2015.