Warren F. Larson
Senior Research Fellow and Professor, Zwemer Center for Muslim Studies
- PhD, Fuller Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Trinity Western University
- MMiss, Canadian Theological Seminary
- BTh, Vancouver Bible College
- Diploma in Biblical Education, Peace River Bible Institute
- "Only the Father Knows the Day and the Hour,” ZwemerCenter.com, May 2020.
- "Remembering Rick Love,” ZwemerCenter.com, January 2020.
- "New Zealand Massacre: Standing up for Persecuted Muslims,” ZwemerCenter.com, March 2019.
- "How Christian Forgiveness Impacts Muslims,” ZwemerCenter.com, May 2017.
- "False Messiah Beheaded in Mecca 37 Years Ago,” ZwemerCenter.com, May 2017.
- "Counting the Cost in Mission to Muslims,” ZwemerCenter.com, October 2016.
- "Islam’s Public and Private Face," ZwemerCenter.com, September 2016.
- "Will Evangelical Attitudes Toward Muslims Continue to Harden?” ZwemerCenter.com, October 2015.
- “When a Veiled Woman Visits Your Church,” CIUMissionforGod.org, April 2015.
- "Would St. Francis Willingly be Captured by ISIS?” ZwemerCenter.com, April 2015.
- "Why Muslims Love Jesus but not Easter,” ZwemerCenter.com, April 2015.
- “Islamic Eschatology: Implications for Christian Witness,” Baptist Bulletin, January/February 2015.
- “Islam: Inherently Violent or Peaceful?" Christianity Today, February 2015.
- “Current Trends in Islam and Christian Mission.” In Toward Respectful Understanding & Witness Among Muslims: Essays in Honor of J. Dudley Woodberry. Edited by Evelyne A. Reisacher et al. Pasadena, CA: William Carey Library, 2012.
- “Consultation on Contextualization Marks a Significant Shift in Tone,” Christianity Today, September 11, 2011.
- “Do not gloat over the death of Osama bin Laden," Christianity Today, May 2, 2011.
- “Weak Christianity is Worse than Robust Islam,” Netherlands Daily, September 11, 2010.
- “Islamic Eschatology: Implications for Christian Witness,” The Journal of Ministry and Theology Spring 2010.
- “Politics vs. Persecution,” Christianity Today, April 2010.
- “Should Christians keep the Fast of Ramadan?" Christianity Today, November 2009.
- “The 5 Top Books on Islam,” Christianity Today, September 2009.
- “Islam According to Gallup,” Christianity Today, November 2008.
- “Jesus in Islam and Christianity: Discussing the Similarities and the Differences,” Missiology, July 2008.
- “Unveiling the Truth about Islam,” Christianity Today, June 2006.
- “A Christian Response to Islam in America,” EMQ, January 2005.
- “Islam’s Appeal to America,” Intercede, May-June 2004.
- “How Islam sees itself: A Closer Look,” EMQ, fall, 2002.
- Islamic Ideology and Fundamentalism in Pakistan: Climate for Conversion to Christianity? Lanham, MD: UPA, 1998.
- “Critical Contextualization and Muslim Conversion,” IJFM, Vol. 13:4 October-December 1996.
Awards and Honors
- Book, Islamic Ideology and Fundamentalism: Climate for Conversion to Christianity? was chosen as one of the most significant books on Christian mission, 1998.
- Award for Outstanding Research, Islamic Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary, 1995.
- Award for Excellence in the Study of Greek, Vancouver Bible College, 1974.
Warren Larson joined the Columbia International University faculty in 1996. Previously, he worked among Muslims in Pakistan for twenty-three years (1968-1991). While church planting was the main task, he also conducted a reading room (1968-1976), and administered a Bible correspondence school (1976-1991). For ten years, Larson was field director of Christar in Pakistan (1978-1988), is former Director of the Zwemer Center for Muslim Studies, and currently teaches online courses. He also helps students with their writing projects. Due to Dr. Larson’s understanding of Islamic radicalism, he has been quoted widely in both Christian and secular publications.
He and his wife Carol live in Vancouver, where they are blessed to have two sons and seven grandchildren living close by!