Adjunct Clinical Faculty, Mental Health Nursing
CIU Nursing clinical adjunct instructors maintain responsibility for nursing students during their rotations in our partner healthcare facilities. These instructors coordinate with the didactic instructor of the course to ensure students are implementing clinical skills at a level appropriate to their knowledge base and clinical experience. Clinical adjunct instructors will also coordinate with the employees of our partner facilities.
- Any/all required orientation of partner facility
- Weekly phone call with lead course instructor during clinical portion of course (last four weeks)
- Compliance with partner facilities’ policies regarding background checks, drug screens, and immunizations
- Supervision of students during full clinical shifts
Adjunct Clinical Faculty work on a contract basis, and course clinical rotations take place over a maximum of four weeks. Different courses have different clinical hour requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience in mental/behavioral health nursing.
- Current valid and unencumbered SC nursing license.
- Current CPR (AHA- BLS certification).
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required, Master’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Clinical supervision experience preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the Resident Nursing Adjunct application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.