Admissions Counselor, Undergraduate
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting students for Columbia International University’s residential undergraduate programs. The counselor serves as the liaison between prospective students and the university personnel to ensure a seamless experience for applicants as they proceed through the admissions cycle to enrollment.
- Advise prospective students of the admission process and steps to enrolling
- Coordinate communication with prospective students and intentionally build relationships with prospective students through email, phone calls, text, and personal notes
- Assist in the identification of new target markets while creating and implementing new recruitment strategies with new/potential students
- Manage and track recruitment leads from various sources; telephone calls, website, contact cards, and referrals
- Assist in the coordination of campus visits, tours and events for prospective students and their parents
- Attend recruiting and informational events to represent the university
- Give presentations to support the recruitment efforts of the university
- Serve as a liaison between the university and high school counselors
- Assist with the development and revision of office policies and procedures
- Planning daily work flow, setting goals, building trust, and maintaining accountability for admissions student workers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be alert, precise, analytical, tactful, and persuasive.
- Ability to plan, be organized, and make decisions.
- Able to use the Microsoft Office Suite applications with ease.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Flexibility in days and hours available for work, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to meet and work effectively with prospective students, parents and the general public.
- Ability to travel as assigned.
- Knowledge of CIU academic programs, admissions policies and procedures, and general enthusiasm for the University.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in admissions or recruiting preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.