Assistant to the Administrative Dean
The person in this position provides administrative and operational support to the administrative dean of the Kepha Institute and provides advisory assistance to Kepha Institute students. This is an on-campus position; some remote work is possible.
- Schedules and coordinates dean's appointments and/or travel arrangements; and coordinates and oversees daily office activities.
- Provides staff and office support for the dean by dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate; serves as a primary point of contact and liaison between the office, students, and other CIU constituencies on a range of day-to-day issues.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings and special events; schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities;
- Takes minutes, and provides administrative support and follow up on matters arising from meetings as needed.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office.
- Assist with personnel processes for Kepha faculty and staff.
- Assists the payroll department in processing payments accurately and timely.
- Monitors budget expenditures for grants; tracks and processes expenditures, reimbursements and payments; creates budget expenditure forecasts; creates budget reports and spreadsheets.
- Works closely with staff members in the Registrar’s office in facilitating students with registrar related issues and questions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Prior experience with Chinese educational system preferred.
- Customer-service focused.
- Excellent communication skills (including telephone, email, and interpersonal).
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Positive attitude and high energy.
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic information.
- Commitment to maintaining best practices in service, innovation, and efficiency.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to concepts and issues tied to biblical education, Christian higher education.
- Skills related to creating and supporting an environment that allows for inclusion, effective intercultural engagement, and personal humility and authenticity.
- Experience fostering and reinforcing an environment that values unique experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in educational or organizational administration.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.