Assistant Residential Property Manager
The Assistant Residential Property Manager works with the Residential Property Manager-in-Charge (PMiC) to serve residents of Pine View Properties as well as recruit prospective residents. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for managing day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Maintain a working knowledge of local market in order to positively promote Pine View Properties and its amenities to prospective residents through showing, phone inquiries and email
- Follow up with qualified candidates to convert inquiries into quality applicants as needed
- Communicate regularly with applicants to maintain interest
- Ensure model and Community Center are clean and ready
- Ensure marketing materials and welcome bags are prepared and well stocked
- Respond to prospective and current residents via email, voicemails, phone calls and visits in a welcoming and helpful manner with excellent verbal and written skills
- Communicate with Maintenance staff to ensure timely response to maintenance issues
- Schedule vendors, provide keys and materials as needed, accompany to apartments, and follow up as needed
- Assist residents with using their online portal, accessing the Pine View website, and internet/wifi issues
- Process new applications and communicate with prospective applicants
- Assign apartments to new residents with input from Property Manager-in-Charge working with Leasing Agent
- Send letters of intent, lease agreements, and track resident paperwork
- Review lease agreements with residents and answer questions
- Process parking decals
- Complete move-in and move-out inspections
- Ensure all files (paper and electronic) are organized and up-to-date
- Post utility charges to resident accounts with accuracy
- Post miscellaneous charges to resident accounts with accuracy
- Manage key log and ensure key security
- Assist with audits (file audit, furniture audit, storage room audit)
- Receive payments and submit to the PMiC in a timely manner
- Calculate pro-rated amounts and communicate to the resident
- Add charges and fees to residents’ accounts
- Process invoices for payment
- Process bank deposits as needed
- Prepare monthly accounting reports
- Review and maintain knowledge of applicable laws (FERPA, SC Landlord and Tenant Act, Fair Housing Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, SC Licensing Law, etc.)
- Assist PMiC as needed with various tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, navigating web browsers, and organizing electronic files. Position requires learning the property management software through online tutorials and webinars.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; accuracy in completing tasks is essential.
- Desire to serve others with a positive, welcoming attitude.
- Able to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks as the need arises.
- Knowledge of applicable laws (FERPA, SC Landlord and Tenant Act, Fair Housing Act, etc.) - may be acquired through property management licensure course.
- Accounting, bookkeeping or related financial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of AppFolio is a plus.
- Prior experience with CIU a plus.
- High School Diploma required.
- SC Property Manager License required (if not currently licensed, must complete Property Management course within 30 days of start date and pass licensure exam within 30 days of course completion).
- One year or more office/management experience required.
- Experience in property management preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.