AV and Media Technician
The AV and Media Technician provides technical support for corporate AV and media technology needs to include the deployment and operation of classroom equipment, event equipment for events meetings/audits and media software, capture, editing and archiving of chapel and event videos. Requires some evening and weekend hours to support events.
- Set up, deploy, computer hardware, computer software, printers, tablets, smartphones, and LCD digital signage TVs/monitors, projectors and portable PA equipment for classroom, events, and general campus needs using best practices.
- Assist with chapel support/logistics - includes setting up and tearing down, moving equipment, operating equipment, running cables for equipment, coordinating event schedules, practice schedules, coordinate use of PowerPoints and other media, documentation of setup.
- Perform video productions tasks such as live video production switching, shooting video, livestreaming, and recording chapel services, events, and meetings on the CIU Campus.
- Organize and edit footage with video editing software.
- Manage archive space and maintain hard drives.
- Assist the Social Media Strategist with creating video content for social media posts.
- Perform inventory management for equipment and related documentation.
- Coordinate laptop/tablet reservations for corporation users for various needs based on stock loaners in inventory.
- Help manage the calendars and tickets. Interact with users to determine their needs.
- Basic cleaning and maintaining AV and classroom equipment.
- Serve as backup for AV and Media Manager for chapel and other major events corporate-wide, or assist the manager as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to include interaction with public, students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to organize tasks and independently manage numerous details associated with coordination of AV setup and preparation.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding proper troubleshooting procedures and protocols.
- Skilled knowledge of Audio-Video equipment
- Working knowledge of presentation software.
- Experience with MAC and Windows formats a plus.
- One year college or technical school.
- Technical certification or Associates degree in computer technology and media technology preferred.
- 2 years experience in an audio video production related field.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 80% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.