CIU Global Assistant to the Vice President and Personnel and Systems Manager
The CIU Global Assistant to the Vice President and Personnel and Systems Manager serves as the primary administrative assistant for the Vice President of CIU Global. The assistant is also responsible for managing the systems and processes necessary for the effective recruitment, employment, on-boarding and remuneration of adjunct faculty for online degree programs.
- Assist the CIU Global Vice President with all of the responsibilities of his office
- Serve as the primary person in the CIU Global department to greet and welcome visitors.
- Assist with all department meetings including face-to-face and remote attendees utilizing ZOOM, TEAMS, etc. and distribution of meeting minutes and other materials.
- Communicate (via email or phone) with potential CIU Global adjunct faculty.
- Work collaboratively with the CIU Global Vice President, CIU Global Dean and academic deans to identify sources for recruiting mission-quality, doctrinally compatible adjuncts.
- Work collaboratively across CIU departments to develop and oversee CIU Global systems and processes to support growth in online enrollment including adjunct faculty scheduling, Slingshot, and adjunct payroll.
- Collect and maintain documentation necessary for adjunct employment such as application materials, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and reference forms.
- Schedule all adjunct interviews with the CIU Global Vice President, provide all application materials in advance of these interviews, and provide an electronic response form for the use of the Vice President following every interview, resulting in adjuncts being assigned to all CIU Global courses.
- Collect annual FERPA and other forms necessary for policy compliance.
- Create, facilitate, and maintain processes and related paperwork needed for timely and accurate payment to adjunct faculty such as memo of approval, faculty contracts, SME contracts, background screening, I-9 and tax forms, and payment processing forms.
- Provide support and assistance to adjuncts throughout the on-boarding process and as needed.
- Assist with scheduling, communication, attendance at meetings, and other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the CIU Global team and across university departments to grow and support CIU online enrollment goals.
- Assist the Dean of CIU Global who serves as the primary contact person for all online adjunct faculty needs.
- Assist the CIU Global Lead Instructional Designer with oversight of student and temporary workers.
- Familiarity with CIU’s ministry and academic environment, principles and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, maintain confidentiality and act wisely and decisively.
- Personable and customer-service focused.
- Gifted with managing diverse, detailed work.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to operate scanners, copiers, phone systems, and fax machines.
- Three years of higher education or office experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.