Director for Enrollment Marketing
The Director for Enrollment Marketing will provide strategic and creative marketing leadership for all aspects of enrollment management. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Enrollment and Academic Services, the Director leads and oversees a comprehensive marketing program encompassing the targeted outreach of all the functional units of enrollment. The Director will lead a team of marketing professionals who operate in a fast-paced environment that delivers a high quantity and wide assortment of outreach and engagement efforts including print, advertising, digital, and social media advertisements.
- Provide visionary and operational leadership in communication strategy for recruitment, enrollment, financial aid, and new student transition through initiatives that are contemporary, on brand message, relevant, and serve to provide greater visibility of the university to prospective students.
- Design a strategic, goal based, data-driven marketing and communications plan in alignment with the vision of the university. Drive the implementation of the plan across multiple channels, website, social media, and other digital platforms, collateral development, and advertising. Ensure that departments provide consistent, effective, timely, courteous service to students, faculty, staff, alumni and external agencies (accreditation, state, federal, and professional).
- Conduct market and peer research, plan and execute efforts that deliver effective culturally relevant communication to prospective students, their families, influencers such as school counselors and transfer advisors, and other stakeholders that elevate the CIU brand.
- Convey the value proposition of CIU including degree outcomes to ensure consistent and thoughtful messaging. Increase prospective student engagement from prospect through matriculation. Leverage the richness of our CIU students, faculty, staff, and alumni in storytelling.
- Leverage technology utilizing a variety of platforms and mediums including best practices in social media, web design/development integration, email, demand generations and others within higher education and preferably enrollment management with an eye to the future. Evaluate and assess the use of technology, both current, and new, to maximize and track prospective student engagement.
- Cultivate data-driven, high-impact, and results-oriented marketing practices in order to meet strategic enrollment goals.
- Establish metrics-oriented accountability through analytics to ensure continuous improvement of activities and alignment with enrollment goals.
- Collaborate with university marketing and communication professionals to create, refine, implement, and direct a university-wide comprehensive marketing effort for enrollment management. Engage with industry peers, participate in relevant professional associations, and keep current of trends impacting enrollment management.
- Serve as marketing expert, strategic decision maker, and trusted advisor to the Vice President of Enrollment & Academic Services and the enrollment management leadership team. Develop executive communication high-level correspondence, and guide preparation of marketing materials and presentations for enrollment management and leaders.
- Manage budget and coordinate with enrollment management leaders to effectively use resources to meet current and future marketing and communication needs. Adapt to changing operating conditions and resource availability. Oversee internal and external key vendor relationships to ensure maximum performance from purchased services and to track effectiveness.
- Lead, direct, mentor, and motivate the marketing team composed of six direct reports.
- Devise a coordinated, brand aligned, marketing approach for the university.
- Master’s degree in related field desired (Bachelor’s degree required).
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressively responsible higher education communications/marketing experience in an enrollment management environment or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the management of multiple complex projects and deliver them on-time and on-budget. This includes working with program budgets that are housed within enrollment units.
- Expertise in branding, social media, mobile marketing, marketing analytics, CMS software, social listening software, market research, web design, SEO strategy, and search ads.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and experience writing for multiple mediums.
- Depth of experience in multi-platform message development, data analysis, and strategic marketing and communications development.
- Experience in leveraging new technologies to maximize student engagement.
- Proven commitment to diversity and success in working with diverse constituencies (preferable both domestic and international) to support an equitable and inclusive campus environment.
- Experience supervising and leading a team of part- and full-time employees.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.