East Asia Institute Records Manager
The East Asia Institute Records Manager oversees and manages the enrollment, registration, and graduation of all East Asia Institute (Kepha Institute) program students, has a working knowledge of related policies and procedures, and provides quality service to faculty, staff, current students, alumni, and external constituencies. This is an on-campus position but some remote work is possible.
- Oversees and manages East Asia Institute (Kepha Institute) program student records from admission to registration to graduation.
- Translates Chinese documents to English as necessary.
- Ensures timely and accurate publication of university academic calendar, catalog, and course schedules for East Asia Institute program studies.
- Performs registration, data entry, and degree audit maintenance for East Asia Institute program students in CIU’s Student Information System.
- Communicates to East Asia Institute program students all academic responsibilities in order to maintain enrollment at the university and ultimately successful completion.
- Equips faculty through regular communication and database tools to meet their responsibilities to East Asia Institute program students and advisees.
- Confirms that all East Asia Institute program admission policies and procedures related to student academic records have been meet at entrance.
- Assist in developing services and processes that enhance the student experience and support student retention and achievement.
- Collaborate with faculty and other University departments to support students and resolve student issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Policies and Procedures: Understand and apply policy and procedures related to:
- Educational Rights and Privacy standards;
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) records guidelines;
- Catalogs, curricular requirements, and policies/procedures of the University;
- Registration and records functions of the University Registrar’s Office;
- Accreditation requirements (ABHE, ATS, SACSCOC, and CACREP);
Customer Service: Provide on-call, quality assistance to students, in areas such as:
- Registration, enrollment verification, and website information;
- Academic petitions, faculty directed studies, and transfer credit;
- Granting third parties access to student records, FERPA restrictions and releases.
- Graduation, grades, transcript requests.
Project Management: Execute tasks in areas as assigned such as:
- Understand how registration and record processes integrate with and affect the processes of other University departments.
- Attend staff meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Prior experience with Chinese educational system strongly preferred.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent communication skills (including telephone, email, and interpersonal).
- Critical thinking.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Positive attitude and high energy.
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic information.
- Commitment to maintaining best practices in service, innovation, and efficiency.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Awareness of and aptitude to appropriately and effectively understand, respect, and adapt to cultural and identity-based difference within group environments.
- Knowledge of and commitment to concepts and issues tied to biblical education, Christian higher education.
- Skills related to creating and supporting an environment that allows for inclusion, effective intercultural engagement, and personal humility and authenticity.
- Experience fostering and reinforcing an environment that values unique experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in educational administration.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 80% paid membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Online Studies Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.