Faculty and PhD/EdS Program Director
The development of students is at the heart of the College of Education’s purpose. Faculty members are called upon to embody and to implement CIU’s purpose and mission, as well as the educational philosophy of the College of Education. This is accomplished by facilitating student growth in biblical knowledge, spiritual maturity, ministry orientation, and the professional skills necessary for service in a variety of cultural contexts. The PhD/EdS Program Director position includes the primary commitment to supervise the PhD/EdS degree programs under the leadership of the Dean of the College of Education.
- Teach and mentor students within the PhD/EdS Educational Leadership Programs by facilitating such classes as statistics, qualitative and quantitative research, and dissertation writing.
- Serve as the primary advisor and research methodologist for PhD/EdS students.
- Assess programs for accreditation standards alignment, as well as for program and student growth and development.
- Assist the College of Education Dean in identifying and recruiting faculty.
- Expand the vision of reaching more students with degree offerings.
- Represent the College of Education’s programs to the University’s constituencies.
- Accredited EdD or PhD in education, preferably with emphasis in Leadership, Research, or Educational Foundations.
- Proven ability to organize, manage, and complete professional projects and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including APA guidelines.
- Works effectively with colleagues and students.
- Apply technology at a high level
- Previous K-12 teaching, administrative, and head of school experience; post-secondary teaching experience; and PhD dissertation mentorship experience desired.
- Previous experience in presenting professional development and convention seminars desired.
- Cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Published author of professional books and/or journal articles.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.