This position provides regular and substantial support for CIU’s undergraduate communication requirements and majors. The faculty member will instruct students and advise communication majors as well as collaborate with other faculty in administering goals, program development, and program activities. The teaching load is 24 semester hours annually within the majors of Communication, Digital Media & Cinema, Media Arts and Social Media Strategist.
- Teach in the field of communication and mass media as needed
- Advise students as needed in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Interact with prospective students as appropriate
- Endorse and model professional standards and proficiencies
- Teach up to eight (8) courses per year (24 semester hours)
- Serve on committees as assigned within the university
- Assist in training students via internships and practicum experiences as appropriate
- Assist regularly with assessment of communication programs
- Participate in faculty meetings at the college and university level; attend other appropriate events including chapel, conferences, and student events
- Yearly affirm the institution’s mission, doctrinal position, and community standards
- Experience in teaching in higher education in the area of communication
- Competency in utilizing learning management tools and classroom technology
- Competent in or able to learn and facilitate online education
- An understanding of the needs and trends associated with traditional college age students
- Ability to use different media technologies effectively in teaching as appropriate
- Commitment to CIU’s mission and vision
- Commitment to live within the standards of the CIU community
- Minimum of Master’s degree
- Earned Doctorate in a discipline related to the field of communication from an accredited institution is preferred
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.