Faculty, Counselor Education and Supervision
Columbia International University is seeking faculty for the PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision program:
- Core faculty member in a CACREP-accredited MA in Counseling program with opportunities to teach courses in the PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision.
- Collaborates with the dean, other faculty members, and staff to equip Great Commission Christians for ministry in multi-cultural communities and fulfill the university’s mission of educating students from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ.
- Pursues that mission with a commitment to CIU’s educational philosophy of total life training integrating academic excellence, spiritual formation, and ministry skill development, under the authority of Scripture.
- Focuses on teaching courses in counseling and supervision at both the master’s and doctoral levels, with a course load of 21 credits per year.
- Area of specialization is open, but a methodologist is preferred. Support of the university mission, core values, and statement of faith is required.
- Classroom instruction: Demonstrate excellence in classroom teaching and clinical supervision, including proficiency in residential and online instructional technology.
- Student relationships: Advise graduate students regarding university requirements and career opportunities. Mentor students and foster student-faculty relationships by participating in student functions and small groups as appropriate. May provide mentorship and support for doctoral dissertations.
- Institutional representation: Work with the Admissions office to represent SSM to target audiences focused on counselors and counselor education, representing CIU to the community at large.
- Professional engagement: Participate in professional associations, research, and scholarship that support the professional discipline(s) taught.
- Personal growth: Model Christ-like character and conduct; exhibit growth in areas of personal challenge.
- Program evaluation: Collaborate with colleagues in utilization of best practice knowledge in curriculum development, classroom instruction, and student supervision. Collect, retain, and disseminate course and program data for accrediting bodies and to maintain professional standards.
- Knowledge of the discipline areas of clinical counseling and supervision.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of residential and online instructional technology and course development.
- Skilled in public speaking, teaching, and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to teach a variety of core courses in Counseling.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in clinical counseling practice and supervision models and practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and a collegial model of decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and integrate faith, spirituality, and biblical knowledge and content to the theory and practice of counseling.
- Earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP-accredited institution; ABD will be considered.
- Licensed or license-eligible Professional Counselor and LPC-Supervisor in South Carolina.
- Experience in church-related ministry preferred.
- Commitment to cross-cultural ministry (some cross-cultural ministry experience preferred).
- Teaching experience in faith-based counseling programs preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.