Faculty, Intercultural Studies
The faculty member will serve on the College of Intercultural Studies team tasked with a vision to equip students for twenty-first century mission. They will teach courses at the bachelors, masters, doctoral levels in both residential and online modalities. While they should be generally equipped to teach within the multi-disciplinary field of Intercultural Studies, expertise in cultural anthropology, world religions, and diaspora missiology is preferred. In addition to classroom teaching, the faculty member will help students connect to global callings (mission and other) through short-term mission exposure, internships, and long-term placement. They should also be active in scholarship. Most importantly, they should be a growing Christian and actively serving in an evangelical church.
- Teaching 24 load hours a year at the undergraduate and graduate levels in residential and online formats.
- Advising students in at least one academic program.
- Potentially supervising doctoral students in dissertation research.
- Collaborating with the College of Intercultural Studies team in strategic planning and execution to assess and improve existing academic programs and potentially creating new ones.
- Engage in academic scholarship.
- Potentially lead students in short-term mission exposure and service opportunities in the USA and abroad.
- Subject matter expertise in the fields of missiology and intercultural studies, and preferably cultural anthropology, world religions, and diaspora missiology.
- Ability to engage students at all levels of study in both residential and online teaching formats.
- Administrative skills for advising students and collaborating with the College of Intercultural Studies.
- Sufficient technological skills for teaching residentially and online and communicating with colleagues and students.
- Doctorate in Intercultural Studies or similar field.
- Cross-cultural living and service experience.
- Five years of higher education teaching experience preferred.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.