Faculty – Nursing
The person in this faculty position collaborates with the dean, other faculty members, and staff to offer professional education in nursing within a biblical worldview in order to provide Christ-like, compassionate care for healing and growth and fulfill the university’s mission of educating people from a Christian worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. The person in this faculty position pursues that mission with a commitment to CIU’s educational philosophy of total life training, integrating academic excellence, spiritual formation, and ministry skills development with Bible at the core and focuses on teaching nursing.
- Classroom instruction: Demonstrate excellence in classroom teaching, including proficiency in classroom, nursing skills, simulation, and clinical teaching.
- Student relationships: Advise and mentor students; foster student-faculty relationships by participating in student functions and small groups as appropriate.
- Professional engagement: Participate in professional associations, research, and writing that support the professional discipline(s) taught.
- Ministry involvement: Model consistent service in local church, mission, and/or marketplace contexts.
- Personal growth: Model Christ-like character and conduct; exhibit growth in areas of personal challenge.
- Support of CIU mission and vision: Participates in growing a biblical university, encourages prospective students to attend CIU’s colleges, and promotes CIU’s other ministries.
- Alignment with CIU values: Consistently advocates and practices CIU’s five core values.
- Promotion of CIU culture: Cooperates with others, expresses opinions appropriately, supports decisions once they are made, and cultivates corporate unity.
- Participation in CIU activities: Attends faculty meetings, chapels, prayer days, commencement, homecoming, and other activities as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Recent clinical experience in OB/Maternity nursing (within the last 5 years) is preferred.
- Experience teaching nursing in the undergraduate setting.
- Ability to teach didactic, simulation, and clinical undergraduate nursing.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of classroom technology and willing to be trained in online technology.
- Skill in public speaking, teaching, and written communication
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with and coaching adult learners and undergraduate students.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and a collegial model of decision-making.
- Flexibility in work hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lead and supervise adjunct faculty in the simulation and clinical settings.
- Must possess a valid unencumbered South Carolina or multi-state/compact license as a registered nurse.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a registered nurse.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching in undergraduate nursing education.
- Master’s degree in Nursing required; Doctorate in Nursing preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.