Faculty, Sport Management
The faculty in this position will teach in the Cook School of Business (CSB) Sport Management Program. The successful candidate will provide curriculum design and development for courses in Sport Management, will demonstrate proficiency in classroom teaching skills (in-person and online) and a commitment to advising, recruiting and retaining students. The successful candidate will meet the instructional and accreditation requirements and standards of the Cook School of Business and the University, including, but not limited to, a demonstrated commitment to CIU’s Core Values.
- Teach 7-8 undergraduate sport management-related courses per academic year (faculty workload is calculated at 24 semester hours).
- Actively engage in student mentoring and advisement.
- Assist with student recruitment and retention.
- Assist with program growth, strategic planning, curriculum design and course review to ensure consistency with CIU’s institutional mission and School of Business program objectives.
- Participate in external community and professional development activities as requested.
- Provide supervision of students in field internship courses as necessary.
- Serve on university committees as assigned.
- Attend CIU and School of Business faculty meetings, convocations, commencements, and other official functions.
- Represent the best interests of the School of Business and CIU at all times.
- Complete such other tasks and assignments related to the Sport Management program as may be assigned by the Dean of the School of Business or CIU administration.
- Position may be engaged in advising CIU Athletic department from time to time and as requested.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Sport Management, Coaching, Sport Administration, Sport Leadership, or closely-related discipline required (Ph.D/Ed.D preferred)
- At least three years teaching sport management related courses within a university/collegiate Sport Management program preferred.
- Experience teaching online at the university level preferred.
- Knowledge of the professional disciplines associated with sport management.
- Active engagement/membership in sport management and professional coaching associations preferred.
- Experience using Canvas desired but not required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to CIU’s Mission and Core Values
- Commitment to providing quality education to all students.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.