Financial Aid Counselor/State Aid Coordinator
The primary role of the Financial Aid Counselor is to provide excellent customer service to current and prospective students. The duties of the Financial Aid Counselor include advising students and parents regarding financial aid concerns. The counselor will be solely responsible for coordinating, reporting and invoicing for all need and merit-based state aid. The counselor is also responsible for processing and disbursing all federal Pell and Direct Loans and awarding graduate residential students. Additionally, the counselor will assist the Director of Financial Aid with daily operational tasks.
- Counsel current and prospective students regarding financial aid concerns, file status, and aid eligibility.
- Award all graduate traditional students.
- Monitor, report and invoice all state scholarships and grants.
- Originate, disburse and make adjustments for all Federal loans and Pell grants.
- Assist with representing the Financial Aid Office at recruitment and orientation events.
- Conduct monthly loan reconciliation for the federal direct loan programs with the Department of Education and the CIU Accounting office.
- Continual need for: customer service, alertness, organization, critical thinking skills, math skills, attention to detail, ability to recall and adhere to federal regulations.
- Ability to interact with students, listen, explain, and counsel in matters related to financial aid.
- Frequent need for writing, investigating, decision-making, and planning.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
- Prefer experience with Department of Education software.
- Prefer knowledge of EDExpress, COD, CPS online, and NSLDS sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience required.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave
- Educational benefits are available
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.