Groundskeeper/General Maintenance Tech
The Groundskeeper/General Maintenance Tech assists in maintaining campus grounds and buildings in order to provide a safe and pleasant environment for students, faculty, staff, and guests. This position primarily involves mowing, weed eating, edging, pruning, spraying, mulching, weeding, and equipment upkeep. This position also assists the maintenance team in repairing and maintaining campus buildings.
- Mowing, edging, weed eating, fertilizing, top dressing, and aerating turf areas
- Blowing walkways, streets and parking lots
- Spraying pesticides
- Planting trees, shrubs, flowers, and grass
- Pruning trees and shrubs
- Removing dead/diseased trees
- Spreading pine straw and mulch
- Maintaining and repairing equipment
- Operating a wide variety of grounds equipment
- Using hand tools and power tools
- Performing maintenance tasks such as patching/painting walls, repairing furniture, plumbing repairs, preventive maintenance checks, and assisting other maintenance staff
- Performing other related duties as required
- Working knowledge of the horticultural principles and practices applicable to upkeep of
- turf, flowers, trees and shrubs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with faculty, staff, and other
- maintenance personnel.
- Ability to identify problems with grounds equipment and do needed maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to perform general maintenance tasks, carpentry and/or plumbing skills preferred
- High School diploma
- One year of grounds keeping and/or maintenance experience
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.