High School Science Faculty
Ben Lippen School is seeking a high school science teacher.
A Ben Lippen science teacher is responsible to:
- Teach up to six sections of high school science courses, which may include chemistry and physics courses. Courses will be determined based on the qualifications of the candidate hired.
- Collaborate with other members of the science department to continually develop and revise as well as ensure vertical alignment of the science curriculum at Ben Lippen School.
- Assist in the mentoring and discipling of teens.
The ideal candidate for the high school science teacher position should possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in science, science education, or a closely related field.
- ACSI teacher certification in science (or willingness to obtain).
- Two years of successful teaching experience in secondary science.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to innovatively and appropriately bring technologies into the classroom in order to support student learning.
- Manage a classroom effectively, teach with excellence, and be able to create an engaging, relational, and joy-filled learning environment for students.
- A clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered learning environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, teamwork, and communication.
- Willing to be creative, have a strong work ethic, can "think outside the box," and able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Be of strong Christian faith and have a passion for serving children and families through the high calling of Christian education.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the Ben Lippen Employment Application. The application must be downloaded, printed, and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application. (Do not use the CIU Employment application.)
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.