Institutional Research Assistant
This position provides analytical support for institutional research (IR) projects including the collection, reporting and analysis of institutional data for assessment, external publications and rankings, regulatory efforts and institutional effectiveness activities.
- Prepare summaries of institutional data using Microsoft Excel to support decision making, comply with state, federal, and accreditation reporting requirements, and participate in third-party higher education surveys such as US News and World Report
- Assist in the creation of university surveys and dissemination of results to the CIU community
- Assist in the creation of the University’s annual Factbook and management of the IR website
- Prepare regular assessment reporting (such as graduation/retention rates and graduate success data) for academic deans, department chairs and instructional designers
- Support institutional effectiveness, planning, accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities through ad hoc querying and reporting from the SIS
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of reports for the University’s institutional accreditation agencies
- Conduct first-level screening of student and faculty research protocols for submission to the Director of Institutional Review Board
- Performs other related tasks as required
- Two years of experience writing data reports, data mining or working as an executive administrative assistant, preferably in the higher education secto
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to present data tables and graphs using MS Office software packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Associate degree (Bachelor’s Preferred) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Statistics, Data Science, Business, or other related degree preferred.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.