Kepha Online Studies Manager and Instructional Designer
The Kepha Online Studies Manager and Instructional Designer will be responsible for advising and assisting the program directors and the Administrative Dean of the Kepha Institute in the development of the Kepha virtual campus by serving as an active member of the Kepha service team, advising and counseling faculty in developing and editing courses that utilize online, multimedia, and technology-enhanced learning objects, cooperating with the Administrative Dean in budgeting and precise degree program scheduling and development, and initiating work assignments with all members of the growing Kepha staff. This person will also be responsible for analyzing, investigating, and tactfully persuading effective faculty and student use of the CIU learning management system (currently Populi) for all online courses. A qualified candidate seeking part-time hours will be considered; however, only employees working 30 hours or more are eligible for benefits.
- Provides faculty with course design support in creating effective and engaging learning environments informed by desired learning outcomes.
- Assists faculty in developing course materials for delivery of online or hybrid courses.
- Analysis, design, development, and implementation of online courses, web-based training, and face-to-face training curricula; proactive consultation with subject matter experts to identify and obtain training objectives and content.
- Provides support to faculty, programs, and schools in developing and converting courses and programs to innovative online and other technology-assisted educational venues utilizing cutting-edge and creative design and course delivery options.
- Drafts storyboards and mock-ups, writes and develops content as needed, and works on multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to create project plans and deliver timely results.
- Assists faculty in converting courses between various formats, such as online, hybrid, or onsite.
- Collaborates, assists, develops, and participates in facilitating professional development workshops and symposia, particularly concerning course design, online teaching, and technology-enhanced instruction.
- Consults with faculty from diverse disciplines to identify course goals and apply instructional strategies.
- Explores various pedagogical methods and a combination of them for online instruction to accomplish the level equivalent to, or more efficient than, face-to-face instruction.
- Works closely with the CIU Director of Institutional Research and Kepha program directors in assessing the quality of instruction according to assessment rubrics.
- Translates Chinese documents to English as needed.
- Focuses on integrating innovative online and technology-enhanced course components to enhance learning across different delivery modes.
- As a member of the Kepha Institute, provides pedagogical training to faculty through workshops, webinars, and video tutorials, regarding topics related to online teaching, course design, and instructional technology.
- Fluent in English and Chinese (oral, reading, and writing)
- Prior experience with the Chinese educational system is strongly preferred.
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication skills (including telephone, email, and interpersonal)
- Critical thinking
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding the confidentiality of student academic information.
- Commitment to maintaining best practices in service, innovation, and efficiency.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to concepts and issues tied to biblical education, and Christian higher education.
- Skills related to creating and supporting an environment that allows for inclusion, effective intercultural engagement, and personal humility and authenticity.
- Experience in fostering and reinforcing an environment that values unique experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and goals.
- Master’s degree required; Ph.D. in related areas (i.e., Education) preferred.
- Experience in educational administration, with 3 - 5 years of progressively advanced online instructional design or equivalent experience.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.