The Office Manager is the first point of contact in the Student Life department for students. The Office Manager will provide customer service to students and staff, offer administrative support for Student Life staff, communicate all campus events, and coordinate front-desk activities. The Office Manager should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role, and should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This is a temporary position through at least June 2024.
- Provide first level customer service to all students’ needs through covering the front desk of Student Life Office during office hours on weekdays, managing and responding to group emails and main phone line, and documenting student visits and office procedures.
- Maintain Student Life office and Student Center by managing inventory and upkeep of office supplies, printers, restrooms, furniture, and reservations of facilities.
- Submit monthly expense reports for Student Life staff.
- Distribute and track parking tags.
- Support Associate Dean of Student Life with the housing of all undergraduate on-campus students.
- Support Assistant Dean for Student Services with the facilitation of student communication (CIU app, campus emails, and campus slides) and event planning (room reservations & multi-department communication) as needed.
- Serve as Designated School Official by maintaining visa documentation and supporting Student Life staff with services for all on-campus international students.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint),
- Willing to learn campus specific software including JenzabarOne, Squarespace, Softdocs, and ReadyEducation’s Campus Cloud
- Ability to effectively communicate, problem solve, provide customer service, and pay attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Office or receptionist experience required.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application on this site.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.