The Security Officer will perform in a professional manner routine daily security duties to protect the campus community and assets of Columbia International University. The satisfactory performance of these duties will result in a safe and secure environment for the campus community to live, work, and study.
- Maintain the physical security of buildings and facilities by conducting walkthroughs, door checks, and by following lock/unlock schedules.
- Maintain the security of campus grounds to protect campus community and facilities by frequent vehicle and foot patrols or by manning an access control point.
- Continually be observant of individuals and situations that may compromise the security and safety of the campus community and facilities.
- Be observant for maintenance issues that require attention.
- Enforce campus parking and traffic regulations.
- Complete necessary reports and paperwork as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Work as a team with other officers and the campus community.
- Ability to analyze problems and select proper corrective action.
- Must be 21 years of age in order to meet state requirements for security officer.
- Ability to complete state certification for security officer.
- Ability to be certified in the use of firearms and non-lethal weapons such as OC spray and baton.
- Ability to complete additional training as required.
- Good all around public relations and communications skills.
- Ability to keep good composure in all situations.
- Ability to work alone and remain alert to surroundings.
- Flexibility in days and hours available for work, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to sit and drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to stay on feet for a long period of time.
- Good physical condition.
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Minimum of one year law enforcement/security experience.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits are available.
Interested applicants please complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Online Studies Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.