Dean, Seminary and School of Ministry
Dr. Croteau joined the faculty of Columbia Biblical Seminary in 2013, became Associate Dean in 2020, and Dean of the Seminary and School of Ministry in 2021. He teaches New Testament and Greek courses and is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society. Before joining CIU, he was Associate Professor of Biblical Studies at Liberty University from 2006–2013. Dr. Croteau has taught in Tanzania, Kenya, South Korea, India, Nepal, Cambodia, the Dominican Republic, and Indonesia.
- PhD, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- ThM, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
- BA, California State University, Fresno
- co-authored with Gary Yates, Urban Legends of the Old Testament: 40 Common Misconceptions. Broadman & Holman, 2019.
- David A. Croteau, “‘To Make Her Holy’ (Ephesians 5:26): Are Husbands Responsible for the Spiritual Maturation of Their Wives?” The Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood 21, no. 1 (Spring 2016): 19–25.
- Urban Legends of the New Testament: 40 Common Misconceptions. Broadman & Holman. (2015)
- David A. Croteau, “Repentance Found? The Concept of Repentance in the Fourth Gospel.” Master’s Seminary Journal 24, no. 1 (Spring 2013): 97–123.
- Tithing after the Cross. Areopagus Critical Christian Issues. Energion Publications. (2013)
- With Andreas J. Köstenberger, eds. Which Bible Translation Should I Use? Leading Experts Discuss 4 Major Versions. Broadman & Holman. (2012)
Awards and Honors
- Creative Teacher Award, Liberty University, School of Religion, 2010
- Baker Award in Biblical and Theological Studies, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, 2000
- Borchert Prize in New Testament Studies, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, 1999