Dr. Harvey joined the faculty of Columbia Biblical Seminary in 1991 and taught New Testament and Greek until 2011, when he became dean. In 2021 he moved to the role of PhD program director. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and is an ordained teaching elder in the Presbyterian Church in America. He served for one year as the dean of the European School of Culture and Theology in Korntal, Germany (1998-99) and has had opportunities to teach in the Netherlands, Moldova, Zambia, and South Africa.
- ThD, Wycliffe College, University of Toronto
- MDiv, Columbia Graduate School of Bible and Missions
- BArch, Syracuse University
- BA, Syracuse University
- A Commentary on Romans. Kregel Publications 2019.
- Romans. Exegetical Guide to the Greek New Testament. B&H Publishing, 2017.
- Interpreting the Pauline Letters. Kregel Publications, 2012.
- Anointed with the Spirit and Power: A Biblical Theology of Holy Spirit Empowerment. P&R Publishing, 2008.
- Greek is Good Grief. Wipf & Stock, 2007.
- Listening to the Text. Oral Patterning in Paul's Letters. ETS Studies 1. Baker, 1998.