Michelle L. K. Raven joined CIU in 2017. She is a retired USAF Lieutenant Colonel (JAG Corp) and was a missionary with Christar International for five years. She has ministered in over 15 countries and continues to train and lead teams in outreach efforts around the world. Dr. Raven has led and developed training and course curriculum on inclusion/reconciliation, missions/outreach, biblical entrepreneurship and leadership for universities, churches and other organizations.
Michelle currently serves as Associate Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach at Concord Fellowship Baptist Church in Columbia, SC, and is an internationally known speaker. Her passions include her two children, unity among believers, community development, and helping others see possibility in themselves and others.
- PhD, Columbia International University
- MA, Liberty University
- Air War College, Air University
- Air Command and Staff College, Air University
- JD, Louisiana State University
- BA, Louisiana Tech University
- Jerry M. Ireland and Michelle L.K. Raven, editors. Practicing Hope: Missions and Global Crises. Pasadena: William Carey, 2020.
- “From the Classroom to the Disaster: Developing DREM Professionals.” In Practicing Hope: Missions in Global Crises. Jerry M. Ireland and Michelle L.K Raven, editors. Pasadena: William Carey, 2020.
- “Amanda Berry Smith: The Push and Pull of African American Participation in Outreach.” Evangelical Missiological Society Occasional Bulletin, Spring 2018.
- “Back to Mission: The Missional Church and the Black Church.” Churches on Mission: God’s Grace Abounding to the Nations. William Carey Library, 2017.
- Raven, Michelle L.K. “Back to Mission: A Possibility Center Approach to Revitalizing African American Sending.” MA Thesis, Liberty University, 2012.
Awards and Honors
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal (Iraq 2007—Law and Order Task Force, MNFI)
- Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf clusters (5 MSMs)
- National Defense Service Medal
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
- USAFE Blacks in Government Distinguished Service Award 2008
- Air Combat Command Deputy Staff Judge Advocate of the Year 2007
- Air Force Officer Cadet Mentoring Action Program Distinguished Service Award 2005
- Air Force Office of Special Investigations Support Person of the Year 1998