Dr. Scott joined the Graduate Counseling Programs faculty of Columbia International University in 2019, serving as an Associate Professor of Counseling, Director of the PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision, and Associate Director of Chinese Clinical Counseling. Seth teaches in the areas of research, faith integration, trauma, and clinical practice for the MA program and research, counselor identity, faith integration, and counselor education in the PhD. He is an active member and participant of the Christian Association for Psychological Studies (CAPS), American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), and the American Counseling Association (ACA). He also maintains a private practice, Sunrise Counseling, for both clinical work and supervision in the community.
- PhD, Counselor Education & Supervision, Walden University
- MA, Community Counseling, Regent University
- BS, Biblical Studies & Intercultural Studies, Emmaus Bible College
- Loosemore, P., Jones, A., & Scott, S. (2022). Preliminary development of an emic measure of Christian Counselor Mentoring Experience. Journal of Psychology & Christianity, 41(1), 56–68.
- Scott, S. L. (Summer 2021). Teaching emotional regulation: Using a reservoir and dam analogy for skill-building in therapy. Georgia Journal of Professional Counseling, 18(1), 2–28.
- Scott, S. L. (2020). Balancing discipleship and gatekeeping in counselor education. Journal of Psychology & Christianity, 39(2).
- Scott, S. L. (2019). Proclaiming hope: The critical role for faith-based schools in counselor education. Journal of Psychology & Christianity, 38(2). 112–119.
- Scott, S. L. (2018). Fractured therapists: The consequences of disintegrated functioning in faith and practice. Journal of Psychology & Christianity, 37(4), 305–312.
- Scott, S. L. (2018). The necessity of faculty professional identity for students’ spiritual formation. The Biblical Higher Education Journal, XIV, 101–113.
Awards and Honors
- South Carolina Licensed Professional Counselor & Supervisor, 2019
- Alumni Service Award, Emmaus Bible College, 2019
- Member, Omega Zeta chapter of Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society, 2016