The CIU freshman experience is one of a kind. Get involved with student groups and make lifelong friendships.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Complete the online application and pay the $25 application fee.
- Request official transcripts from your high school and all colleges or universities you have attended. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or electronically through a third party transcript facilitator. A 2.0 minimum high school or college grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale is required. Final official transcripts are required prior to registering for courses.
Note: Academic records not written in English must be accompanied by a certified translation. If you attended a school outside of the United States, transcripts need an International Credential Advancement Package (ICAP) evaluation by World Education Services (WES) or a formal evaluation by InCRED.
- Submit official SAT, ACT, or CLT test scores. You may request test scores from College Board, The ACT, or CLT. Scores may also be submitted along with your official high school transcripts. If you are 24 years of age or older or a transfer or international student who completed high school outside of the United States, you do not need to complete this step.
Admissions test score minimum:
- SAT: 970 (SAT school code 5116)
- ACT: 18 (ACT school code: 3848)
- CLT: 62
*Covid-19 Test Optional Policy: Due to limited testing availability during the Covid-19 pandemic, applications will be evaluated without submission of test scores. However, admitted students who seek qualification for South Carolina State Aid or NAIA student athletes, may need to submit an official test score.