One of the best online: CIU’s Master of Arts in Theological Studies
Columbia International University’s Master of Arts (Theological Studies) is among The 20 Best Master’s in Theology Programs Online for 2020. As matter of fact, CIU is ranked #2 in the survey conducted by the online Christian magazine, Crosswalk.com.
The rankings were then assigned point values, and combined, so that the results are the most highly rated master’s in theology programs overall, skewed toward affordability, and not taking into account doctrinal beliefs or specific denominational affiliation.
What is unique about the online Master of Arts (Theological Studies) degree at CIU?
The MA (Theological Studies) degree combines a solid foundation in Bible, Theology, Worldview, and Spiritual Formation with the opportunity to customize a concentration using advanced courses in Bible, Theology, and Church History.
- The capstone course gives students the opportunity to engage in research and analysis that is informed by their concentration discipline(s).
- It prepares students to interpret and apply the biblical text, to explain, evaluate, and apply Bible doctrine, and to research and write for scholarly publication.
- It is available in residential, hybrid, and online formats, with comparable outcomes and quality in all three modalities.
- Students may begin during any of six sub-terms during the academic year and can complete the degree in three semesters of full-time study (four courses per semester) or six semesters of part-time study (two courses per semester).
Who is it designed for?
- The MA (Theological Studies) degree is designed for students who have no previous biblical-theological background. The core courses of the degree provide that foundation.
- The degree serves students who are studying for personal enrichment, students who want to deepen their biblical-theological-historical understanding, students who are already active in ministry, or students who are considering ministry in areas such as:
- Teaching in a Bible college or institute
- Serving as a member of a church staff
- Serving as an assistant or associate pastor
- Serving as a campus ministry professional
- Serving as a staff member of a para-church ministry.
- The degree serves recent college graduates, men and women who are preparing for a ministry role, men and women who are making career changes to engage in ministry, mid-career Christian workers, and individuals who want to make an impact for Christ in the second half of their lives.
What are the benefits of getting a theological degree online?
- “Just-in-time” preparation
- The opportunity to apply learning immediately in “real-life” church, ministry, or marketplace settings
- No need to relocate
- Self-pacing of studies (as a whole, not within a course)
BestColleges.com ranks Columbia International University the 2020 Best Online College in South Carolina, and CIU is #2 in the state for Best College Campus. CIU also consistently ranks among the Top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report. Excitement is growing on campus with increased enrollment and new academic programs. Request information on enrollment at CIU and Columbia Biblical Seminary or call (800) 777-2227, ext. 5024.