Doctor of Ministerial Leadership
Earn Your Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree online in 3 years.
The Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree offers professional ministers the opportunity to reflect on their practice of leadership from diverse strategic perspectives. It challenges practitioners from a variety of ministry contexts to grow in their own spiritual maturity, strengthen their personal and professional ethic, and develop a biblical approach to their practice of leadership.
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of the Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree, students will demonstrate an ability to:
- Formulate a plan for continuing personal spiritual growth in leadership
- Develop a personal and professional ethic for leadership in ministry
- Implement an approach to leadership that embraces multicultural and global perspectives
- Assess the effectiveness of leadership practice using a case study research method
This 32-credit-hour degree will take three years.
Why Study Ministerial Leadership at CIU Online?
- Program design allows you to focus on research and writing from the beginning of your studies.
- Non-residential modality allows you to pursue your degree without relocating.
- Experienced faculty mentors provide individualized guidance in areas of their particular expertise.
- LOGOS Bible software is offered at no additional cost while attending CBS.
- Accredited regionally by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and accredited nationally by the Association of Biblical Higher Education and the Association of Theological Schools.
|Course of Study||32|
|MIN 9440||Profile of the Godly Leader||4|
|MIN 9441||Transformational Leadership||4|
|MIN 9442||Multicultural Leadership with Global Focus||4|
|MIN 9901||Literature Review||4|
|MIN 9902||Research Foundations||4|
|MIN 9903||Conducting a Case Study||4|
|MIN 9904||Analyzing the Data||4|
|MIN 9905||Ministerial Leadership Capstone Project||4|
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Semester 1||MIN 9902||Research Foundations (4)||MIN 9441||Transforming Leadership (4)||MIN 9904||Analyzing the Data (4)|
|Semester 2||MIN 9440||Profile of the Godly Leader (4)||MIN 9903||Conducting a Case Study (4)||MIN 9905||Capstone Project (4)|
|Semester 3||MIN 9901||Literature Review (4)||MIN 9442||Multicultural Leadership with Global Focus (4)|
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Doctor of Ministerial Leadership Graduates
Graduates with a Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree can go on to become more effective in their ministries as:
- Leading pastors
- Women’s ministry leaders
- Discipleship pastors
- Pastoral counselors
- Missionary care specialists
- Small group pastors
- Church education leaders
- Parachuch ministry leaders
Doctor of Ministerial Leadership Admission Requirements
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- A masters-level theological degree from an accredited institution (not limited to MDiv or equivalent) with a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts for highest earned graduate degree and any additional graduate degree work
- One church leader reference
- 3 years of ministry experience
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA