Master of Education
The Master of Education (Educational Administration) is designed to provide professional growth opportunities for educators in the field of school educational leadership from a biblical perspective. Students are prepared to assume leadership roles in various educational settings.
The curriculum for this concentration provides opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, and dispositions in the broad scope of school administrative responsibilities from a biblical perspective. These responsibilities include leadership theory, school law, financial principles, faculty and staff supervision, data–informed decision making, strategic planning, and development.
The M.Ed. (Educational Administration) is available fully online.
What You'll Learn
You will gain a foundation in educational leadership skills such as these:
- Applying educational theories to effective teaching, analysis, and content-design strategies, as well as the ability to articulate those theories and principles and how they inform education from a biblical worldview
- Techniques for educational research, problem solving, and assessment, and for fostering a nurturing school culture, including consideration of cultural differences within the community
- Methods of collaborating and communicating with other professionals and the community, creating a climate conducive to spiritual transformation within the school setting, and being a lifelong learner
This 30-credit-hour degree can be completed in 15 months.
Why Earn an M.Ed. at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, collaborative online classes that use real-life case studies to help students develop familiarity with educational issues and practice addressing them
- Courses designed with the Christian educator in mind, taught by professors with experience in the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- An M.Ed. program consistent with the certification requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
You can find information about admissions requirements, policies, and time limitations of the program in our academic catalog.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- One professional reference and one general reference
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA
Your Master’s in Education will prepare you to do what you do best: teach and lead in a variety of educational settings.
- Leadership Positions: Lead and supervise in a variety of educational settings with the knowledge and skills from a biblical perspective in the areas of supervision, leadership, and data-informed decision making.
- Academic Careers: Prepare for further graduate work, especially a Ph.D. in education or a related discipline, leading to teaching and research positions at the college and university level.
M.Ed. Program Director, Professor of Education
Dr. Moore’s passion is to work with Christian educators to enhance classroom skills that use biblical integration and teaching with intentionality to develop spiritual formation in students.
Ph.D./Ed.S. Program Director, Professor of Education
Dr. Watson currently serves Columbia International University as a professor in the College of Education. He has served churches, Christian schools, and colleges as pastor, teacher, coach, school
Teacher Education Program Director, Professor of Education
Dr. Hoekstra enjoys sharing the practical experiences from 16 years of middle school teaching with future teachers. She desires to prepare teachers with a biblical worldview who, by God’s grace, can
M.A.T. Program Director, Assessment Coordinator, Professor of Education
Dr. McCann’s desire is for undergraduate and graduate students to develop and refine their heart for ministry as future teachers and educational leaders who will serve the Lord with academic