Master of Education in Intercultural Studies
The Master of Education (Intercultural Studies) is designed to provide professional growth opportunities for educators from a biblical perspective. This concentration permits students to have an M.Ed. with a foundation in education courses with focus on understanding and equipping teachers to study the global mission of God and analyze cultural issues as they work in ministry or marketplace opportunities.
The M.Ed. (Intercultural Studies) is available fully online. Students should consult with the M.Ed. program director in planning their degree program.
What You'll Learn
You will gain a foundation in educational leadership skills such as these:
- Applying educational theories to effective teaching, analysis, and content-design strategies, as well as the ability to articulate those theories and principles and how they inform education from a biblical worldview
- Techniques for educational research, problem solving, and assessment, and for fostering a nurturing school culture, including consideration of cultural differences within the community
- Methods of collaborating and communicating with other professionals and the community, creating a climate conducive to spiritual transformation within the school setting, and being a lifelong learner
This 30-credit-hour degree can be completed in 5 semesters although the time may be extended up to 6 years.
Why Earn Your M.Ed. at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, collaborative online classes that use real-life case studies to help students develop familiarity with educational issues and practice addressing them
- Courses designed with the Christian educator in mind, taught by professors with experience in the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- An M.Ed. program consistent with the certification requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
You can find information about admissions requirements, policies, and time limitations of the program in our academic catalog.
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Intercultural Studies Graduates
Your Master’s in Education will prepare you to do what you do best: teach and lead in a variety of educational settings.
- K–12 Teaching: Equip teachers to teach the global mission of God and analyze worldview assumptions and cultural issues from a biblical perspective.
- Leadership Positions: Become an instructional supervisor in marketplace or ministry educational settings.
- Academic Careers: Prepare for further graduate work, especially a Ph.D. in education or a related discipline, leading to teaching and research positions at the college and university level.
Master of Education in Intercultural Studies Admission Requirements
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- One professional reference and one general reference
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA