Students in our Master’s in Education program have one crucial thing in common: they are experienced educators following His call to teach — to guide and shape young minds, and to nurture potential into reality. Like you, it’s a mission we take seriously at CIU Online.
Through a rigorous online curriculum, you’ll learn to take your teaching degree to the next level as a forward-thinking educational leader, studying one of two track options: educational administration or instruction and learning.
What You’ll Learn
Regardless of which track you decide to pursue, you will gain a foundation in educational leadership skills such as these:
- Applying biblical educational theories to effective teaching, analysis, and content-design strategies, as well as the ability to articulate those theories and principles and how they inform education
- Techniques for educational research, problem solving, and assessment, and for fostering a nurturing school culture, including consideration of cultural differences within the community
- Methods of collaborating and communicating with other professionals and the community, creating a climate conducive to spiritual transformation within the school setting, and being a lifelong learner
Why Earn an M.Ed. at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, collaborative online classes that use real-life case studies to help students develop familiarity with educational issues and practice addressing them
- Courses designed with the Christian educator in mind, taught by professors with experience in the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- An M.Ed. program in line with the certification requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Program Options That Fit Your Interests
We offer three concentrations. View the course requirements to fint the best fit for you.
Your Master’s in Education will prepare you to do what you do best: teach and lead in a variety of Christian educational settings.
- K–12 Teaching: Schools in the United States and abroad have a need for Christians who are prepared and called to teach in public schools, private schools, charter schools, Christian schools and international schools.
- Leadership Positions in Christian Schools: Schools in the United States and around the world need lead teachers, principals, and superintendents.
- Academic Careers: Prepare for further graduate work, especially a Ph.D. in education or a related discipline, leading to teaching and research positions at the college and university level.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- One professional reference and one general reference
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA