Master of Arts in Muslim Studies
Learn to share the gospel in Islamic countries and cultures with a Master of Arts in Muslin Studies
A Master’s in Muslim Studies expands your perspective and lets you reach out — it builds bridges that help you live a cross-cultural life through the study of Islam. You’ll explore the theology, traditions, and worldview of Islam and gain crucial tools and techniques for developing greater cultural understanding and for working among Muslims.
What You’ll Learn
- How to engage in high-level, critical research, analysis, and writing about Muslim studies and its relation to the global mission of God
- Strategies and tools for working with cultures other than your own
- The societal and global issues that affect Muslims and intercultural exchanges and relations
Depending on your academic background, 1.5 to 2 years
Why Earn a Muslim Studies Degree at CIU?
- Highly engaged, fieldwork-oriented online classes with students from all over the world
- Multilingual professors who have lived internationally, doing the very work they’re teaching
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- Internship and research opportunities built into the curriculum
Program Options That Fit Your Experience Level
We offer two program tracks: one for students with no previous studies in Bible or theology, and one for students who have at least 15 semester credit hours of Bible, theology, or Church history.
Read the program details and course requirements.
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Muslim Studies Graduates
Whether you’re seeking to enhance a career you already have or switch career paths, a Muslim studies degree can help you reach your goals.
- Mission Service: Missionaries in cross-cultural service across the Muslim world; mission agency office support person; mission mobilizer
- Nongovernmental Work: Serve in a nongovernmental organization in the Muslim world or among Muslim immigrants to other countries
- Peacemaking: Serve as an advocate for peace where there is conflict among Muslims themselves and between Muslims and people of other faiths
- Academic Careers: Ph.D. work leading to careers in college, seminary, and university-level teaching, both in the United States and abroad
Master of Arts in Muslim Studies Admission Requirements
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA