Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Complete Your Online Master of Arts in TESOL in Two Years or Less
The M.A. in TESOL prepares professional teachers of English to speakers of other languages with the knowledge and skills necessary to teach both children and adults effectively in a wide variety of cross-cultural settings. You'll be prepared for leadership roles in TESOL and for living and teaching in another country or culture. Upon completion of the program, you can be recommended to receive certification in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
What You'll Learn
- The major concepts of linguistics and English syntax.
- Knowledge of linguistics and Second Language Acquisition (SLA) theory to practical classroom instruction.
- How to develop appropriate curriculum for all ages and levels of English language learners.
- How teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing at all levels of proficiency.
- Understand the dynamic cultural forces which affect teaching and ministry.
This 30- or 45-credit-hour degree can be completed in 1-2 years.
Why Study TESOL with CIU?
- Our professors are seasoned veterans in TESOL and are experts in the field.
- The program has a proven track record of placing qualified English teachers around the world.
- The program is flexible and works around your life and work.
- The program equips you in intercultural ministry skills.
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Graduates
Our internationally recognized Master of Arts in TESOL program will prepare you for teaching and leadership careers in the growing field of teaching English to speakers of other languages, both in the United States and around the world.
Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Admission Requirements
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA