The purpose of the Associates of Arts degree with no concentration is to provide students with a professional program in which they may combine study from a variety of academic, professional, or technical fields to fit their individual needs and professional goals. Earn your AA in General Studies and continue your education by pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a General Studies Major.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in a wide array of skills
- Understand biblical-based Christian worldview that can be used in various fields
- A minimum 60 total semester hours of credit.
- A minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA at the time of graduation.
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 9 hours of Bible/theology/ministry courses and at least one additional interdisciplinary Bible-related course.
- ICS 1210 - Discovering the Mission of God Credits: 3
- MSD 1110 - Encountering Spiritual Formation Credits: 3
- THE 2010 - Survey of Bible Doctrine Credits: 3
General Education (36)
- COM 1010 - Communication for Leaders Credits: 3
- CPT 1010 - Technology for College Credits: 3
- ENG 1010 - College Writing and Research 1 Credits: 3
- ENG 1020 - College Writing and Research 2 Credits: 3
- HIS 2010 - World Civilizations Credits: 3
- MAT 2010 - Personal Financial Management Credits: 3
- PHI 1010 - Philosophy and Worldview Credits: 3
- PHI 3010 - Personal and Social Ethics Credits: 3
- PSY 2010 - Organizational and Industrial Psychology Credits: 3
- SCI 2010 - Earth Science Credits: 3
- SOC 1010 - Succeeding at CIU Credits: 3
- SOC 2010 - Cultural Diversity Credits: 3
Open Electives (15)
- Online application
- Official high school transcript or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) Testing Program
- Applicants who have attempted 12 or more college credits post-high school must provide official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress. Recommended college grade point average (GPA) is 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (those with a GPA under 2.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis)
Because the Associate of Arts degree also includes core academic courses in General Education, it lays the foundation for a bachelor’s degree or advancement in a variety of professional fields or ministry.