Undergraduate Transfer Students
CIU considers you a transfer student if you have attempted 12 or more hours at an accredited college or university after your high school graduation. You must have a cumulative 2.0 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale. College courses you’ve completed must be eligible for transfer to CIU.
Courses Eligible for Transfer
Courses taken at another college or university must meet the following criteria:
- In order to receive full credit for a course, the course must be completed at a college/university accredited by or having candidate status with a Regional Accrediting Organization, ABHE, TRACS, or other accrediting agency recognized by the American Council on Education (USDE).
- Courses must be submitted on an official transcript.
- Courses must be college-level.
- The student must have an earned grade of “C” or above. (Note: A grade of “S” or “P” may not constitute a “C” or better.)
- A two-hour course can meet the requirement of a three-hour course, but the student must make up the additional hour.
Standardized Test Acceptance
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- American Council on Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB); contact the Office of the University Registrar at (803) 807-5059 or email@example.com.
- Undergraduate Standardized Test Acceptance & Test Score Criteria Policy