Associate of Arts in General Studies
The purpose of the Associates of Arts degree with no concentration is to provide students with a professional program in which they may combine study from a variety of academic, professional, or technical fields to fit their individual needs and professional goals. Earn your AA in General Studies and continue your education by pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a General Studies Major.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in a wide array of skills
- Understand biblical-based Christian worldview that can be used in various fields
- A minimum 60 total semester hours of credit.
- A minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA at the time of graduation.
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 9 hours of Bible/theology/ministry courses and at least one additional interdisciplinary Bible-related course.
Career and Ministry Opportunities for General Studies Graduates
Because the Associate of Arts degree also includes core academic courses in General Education, it lays the foundation for a bachelor’s degree or advancement in a variety of professional fields or ministry.
Associate of Arts in General Studies Admission Requirements
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Official high school transcript or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) Testing Program
- Applicants who have attempted 12 or more college credits post-high school must provide official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress. Recommended college grade point average (GPA) is 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (those with a GPA under 2.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis)