CIU is proud to be consistently ranked among the most military-friendly schools in the country and we are a participant in the Yellow Ribbon
Program. Eligible veterans, their spouses, and children can use VA education benefits to help cover the cost of their CIU tuition.
- Need to fill out a Certification Request Form, located at the bottom of this page, each academic year and submit it to the Financial Aid Office.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office when you register for classes each term, revise your course schedule or change your program. Email email@example.com or call (803) 807-5036.
If you have never received veteran's benefits:
- Visit Benefits.VA.gov.
- Select "Education & Training" and then click "For Students." Follow the directions to apply for education benefits.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office.
If you received veteran's educational benefits at another school and are changing to CIU:
- Submit VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, to the VA Regional Office and a copy to Financial Aid.
VA Regional Office
PO Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
- Register for classes and contact Financial Aid.
If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill and wish to transfer your benefits to a family member:
- Submit VA Form 22-1990E to the VA Regional Office. (See address above.)