Veteran's Benefits

CIU is proud to be consistently ranked among the most military-friendly schools in the country and we are a participant in the Yellow Ribbon 

A soldier carrying a backpack and book.Program. Eligible veterans, their spouses, and children can use VA education benefits to help cover the cost of their CIU tuition. 

Continuing Students

  • Need to fill out a Certification Request Form, located at the bottom of this page, each academic year and submit it to the Financial Aid Office.  
  • Contact the Financial Aid Office when you register for classes each term, revise your course schedule or change your program. Email or call (803) 807-5036.

    If you have never received veteran's benefits:

    If you received veteran's educational benefits at another school and are changing to CIU:

    • Submit VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, to the VA Regional Office and a copy to Financial Aid. 
      VA Regional Office
      PO Box 8888
      Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
    • Register for classes and contact Financial Aid.

    If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill and wish to transfer your benefits to a family member:

    VA Resources

    VA Forms

    VA Education & Training

    ACE Resources