Who Should Apply?
If you are ready to receive a graduate level biblical education and you agree with our doctrinal standards, you should apply to CIU. Our students have a passion for serving Christ and others, whether in the marketplace or ministry.
Some of our seminary and graduate school students came to CIU after finding themselves at a crossroads. They enjoyed their secular careers but their deep commitment to Christ inspires them to more broadly share the message with the world.
Others already are involved in ministry and missions but want to deepen their scholarly knowledge and professional skills.
These are practical, passionate people, many with spouses and children. Along with postgraduate career opportunities, they’re looking for a community with good schools and support systems for their families.
CIU offers all that and more. Our postgraduate programs attract people from a wide range of ages, cultural and family backgrounds and denominational affiliations.
We welcome transfer students who have attempted master’s-level courses to become a part of our diverse student body. To transfer courses into a Master of Arts or Master of Divinity degree at CIU, the courses must be:
- Earned at the master’s level. Bachelor’s-level courses may serve to meet pre-requisites only.
- Earned at an accredited institution.
- Earned with a grade of C or above.
- Courses that fit into your program choice at CIU.
Other noteworthy transfer information:
- Up to, but not exceeding, 49 percent of the degree may be transferred.
- Due to accreditation standards, no credit for life experience may be given.
- Not all programs offer the same transfer options.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to help you advance in your professional, ministry or missionary career.