Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
The Healthcare Administration Bachelor of Science degree prepares working professionals to assume roles as dynamic leaders in the healthcare industry. This degree in healthcare administration equips students to fulfill God’s purposes as leaders in global healthcare systems, care facilities and ministries utilizing mobile clinics, and other means, to meet physical and spiritual needs.
This major develops practical skills and core competencies required to meet the challenges of various healthcare settings. Students will analyze and apply principles of interprofessional business and organizational leadership; strategic planning and marketing; and quality improvement and accreditation compliance. Students also learn best practices of healthcare administration in ethics, finance, operational management, informatics, and human resources. Beyond developing professional skills and competencies, graduates are equipped to formulate solutions to operational questions and problems within a diverse array of healthcare organizational settings by developing an ethical personal leadership philosophy and demonstrating critical thinking, decision-making, and communication skills.
Graduates in this program work in various healthcare settings in the US and Internationally. The Healthcare Administration program will prepare you to attain the knowledge and skills necessary to add value to any healthcare setting. Whether your goal is to be a department manager in a hospital setting, work in a long-term care setting, or community health agency, the Healthcare Administration coursework will provide you the tools for success.
By completing the Healthcare Administration major, each graduate of the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in essential healthcare administration skills
- Devise a personal philosophy of leadership for a diverse and multicultural 21st century workforce
- Understand biblical-based Christian worldview that can be applied to healthcare settings
- Demonstrate and apply business principles and healthcare leadership best practices in ethics, finance, operational management, informatics, and human resources.
- Minimum 120 semester hours credit
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of CIU coursework
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 18 hours of Bible/theology/ministry courses and at least 12 hours of additional interdisciplinary Bible-related course
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of General Education
- Completion of the 36-hour Healthcare Administration major
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration Admission Requirements
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Official high school transcript or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) Testing Program
- Applicants who have attempted 12 or more college credits post-high school must provide official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress. Recommended college grade point average (GPA) is 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (those with a GPA under 2.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis)