Financial Aid Overview
As a Christian institute of higher education, CIU strives to be affordable and sustainable while we help you prepare for your calling in service to Christ, wherever in the world that may take you.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to providing students and their families with the information they need to navigate and understand the financial aid process. We hope the information provided here will prove useful and convenient to access. We are excited about your interest in continuing your education at CIU, and want to assist you in any way possible.
- Nearly 90 percent of our undergraduates receive CIU grants and scholarships.
- The average financial aid package is from $10,900 to $14,900, including institutional and federal grants and loans.
- Graduate and seminary students also may apply for federal and institutional aid as well as outside scholarships and grants. CIU’s average graduate scholarship is $1,000. Merit scholarships are based on your college GPA received at the time of admission to CIU.
Types of Aid
- Graduate Grants & Scholarships
- Undergraduate Grants & Scholarships
- Transfer Student Scholarships
- Donor Scholarships
- Church Matching Grants
- Federal Aid
- South Carolina State Aid
- Veterans Benefits
Ready to get started? Begin applying for aid now. Use the net price calculator to help you determine total costs. It’s based on current estimated federal, state and institutional aid eligibility and it’s subject to change.
You can always visit us in the Administration Building, email us at email@example.com or call us at (803) 807-5036.
Dates to Remember
Oct. 1 – The current FAFSA is available.
March 1 – Deadline for church money and matching grant applications.
June 30 – Deadline for FAFSA submission for in-state residents eligibility for the South Carolina Tuition Grant.