CIU is proud to be consistently ranked among the most military-friendly schools in the country and we are a participant in the Yellow Ribbon
Program. Eligible veterans, their spouses, and children can use VA education benefits to help cover the cost of their CIU tuition.
Contact Lynsay Shumpert, our school certifying official, when you register for classes each semester, revise your course schedule or change your program. She can be reached at VAforms@ciu.edu or (803) 807-5132.
If you have never received veteran's benefits:
- Visit Benefits.VA.gov.
- Select "Education & Training" and then click "For Students." Follow the directions to apply for education benefits.
- Contact Lynsay Shumpert .
If you received veteran's educational benefits at another school and are changing to CIU:
- Submit VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, to the VA Regional Office and a copy to Lynsay Shumpert.
VA Regional Office
PO Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
- Register for classes and contact Lynsay Shumpert.
If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill and wish to transfer your benefits to a family member:
- Submit VA Form 22-1990E to the VA Regional Office. (See address above.)