Bachelor of Arts in TESOL
The B.A. in TESOL prepares professional teachers of English to speakers of other languages with the knowledge and skills necessary to teach both children and adults effectively in a wide variety of cross-cultural settings. You'll be prepared for leadership roles in TESOL and for living and teaching in another country or culture.
What You'll Learn
- Basic understanding of linguistics and Second Language Acquisition (SLA).
- How to use of materials, methods, and procedures appropriate for effective second-language teaching.
- How to plan and develop lessons for teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- How to apply principles and rationale for using English language teaching as a means of ministering cross-culturally..
Why Study TESOL at CIU?
• Our professors are seasoned veterans in TESOL and are experts in the field.
• The program has a proven track record of placing qualified English teachers around the world.
• The program equips you in intercultural ministry skills.
Career and Ministry Opportunities
A B.A. in TESOL equips students to:
• Teach adults in language institutes and universities in the United States and around the world.
• Teach ESL to K-12 students in the United States.
• Teaching English in the midst of ministry and mission work.
Review the catalog and course requirements.