The Bible and Theology Certificate provides students with the 27 semester hours of Bible, theology, worldview, and spiritual formation courses necessary to pursue a graduate-level degree at Columbia Biblical Seminary (CBS). It gives students a solid biblical-theological foundation, facilitates growth in godliness, and prepares them for higher-level studies at the master’s level. The Bible and Theology Certificate is available fully online. Please contact Admissions for further information.
What You’ll Learn
- How to interpret and apply the biblical text
- How to explain, evaluate and apply Bible doctrine
- How to trace God’s global movement throughout the Bible
- Either residential 16-week format or fully online 8-week format
- Hybrid residential/online format available
- Complete in 18 months, taking one course at a time
Why Study Bible & Theology at Columbia Biblical Seminary?
- Highly engaging, hands-on classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
Note: This certificate program is not eligible for federal Title IV financial aid funds – i.e. Federal Direct Loans. Students who are interested in exploring other financial aid options should contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Affirm to be a Christian and agree with CIU’s Doctrinal Standard
- Official transcript for highest earned degree and any master’s level credits earned with a minimum GPA of 2.5 for the most recent degree earned
- Essay (800 words total)
- Church leader reference
A Certificate in Bible & Theology prepares you for further study at the master’s level as well as potential opportunities in ministry.
- Marketplace ministry
- Serving on the mission field
- Serving as a staff member in a local church
- Teaching Bible in a Christian school